The strategy that made the biggest impact on the growth of Marissa Levin’s multi-million-dollar global business is the implementation of an advisory board. After painstakingly dissecting the process she used to create the board that revolutionized her business, she decided to share it with other entrepreneurs. Always an innovator, Marissa created SCALE™, a ground-breaking method that helps other business owners recruit, implement, and leverage their own business-altering advisory boards and she's excited to share her success formula with us at YES!Circle.
In her new book Built to Scale™: How Top Companies Create Breakthrough Growth Through Exceptional Advisory Boards, Marissa uses her proven SCALE™ framework to guide you step-by-step as you build the advisory board you need to become an exceptional, connected, knowledgeable leader with a successful and profitable business. Whether you’re a start-up or an established $50 million firm, Built to Scale™ will give you the knowledge and tools you need to:
- Select the right people to take your business from where it is now to where you want it to be
- Compensate your advisors (you’ll learn about monetary, non-monetary, and equity-based options along with the legal and financial implications)
- Strategically integrate them into your company with an effective strategy that minimizes disruption and maximizes effectiveness
- Leverage your advisors for business, process, and infrastructure development as well as for networking and strategic planning
- Evaluate and evolve the board as your organization grows
Marissa Levin is founder and CEO of Information Experts, Inc. (www.informationexperts.com), a global strategic communications, human capital, and education company that has been on the Inc. 5000 List of America’s Fastest Growing Companies three times since she implemented an advisory board. She also founded and runs Successful Culture, a firm that helps entrepreneurs understand how to generate high growth by creating a workplace culture that attracts top-level talent and customers. A popular media guest because of her insights into small business success, Levin has won countless national and local awards for leadership excellence. Learn more at www.successfulculture.com.