Ever wonder what it takes to thrive in these uncertain economic times? Get a head start to the year by getting your house (ahem business) in order! Our distinguished Law panel has helped countless entrepreneurs grow in the toughest of times and they’re here to help you do the same! We’ll start off the evening with a panel discussion followed by break-out sessions where you’ll get an opportunity to get your specific questions answered by each attorney (so come prepared to ask!) Issues addressed will include:
Corporate, Commercial and M&A
Adam August, Partner, Holland & Knight
- What do I need to do to get my legal house in order in 2009?
- When do I need to have a lawyer draft or review a commercial contract?
- How do I go about buying a company?
- How do I sell my company?
- How can I raise money (legally)?
- What is the difference between a Board of Directors and Advisors and what’s the best way to create these entities?
Josh Goldberg, Partner, The Nath Law Group
- What parts of my business are protectable?
- What is the difference between a patent, trademark, copyright, and what is most appropriate for my business?
- When does it make sense to protect my intellectual capital?
- How is trade secret law applicable to my business?
Mark Barker, Partner, Holland & Knight
- How do I deal with confidentiality obligations in my company?
- How do I get the best value out of my employees' work?
- When should my company hire contractors and what are the implications?
- What does my company need to do to comply with all the employment laws?
The panel will be moderated by super-preneur Ric Fleisher, most recently co-founder of Honesty Online. We’d love for you to email us your questions in advance but there will be plenty of opportunities to ask them impromptu! After each break-out round, participants will report out highlights of the discussion to enable networking and info-share. Don’t miss this opportunity to start off the year with an edge!